Party Season is here and so is the excitement. It’s that time of the year where everyone indulges in parties; get together, vacations, and more to celebrate the year end. For some it is a festive season to celebrate Christmas.
This gala season over indulges you with finger-licking cuisines and binge drinking which can lead to weight gain; and can increase the risk of obesity, diabetes and other lifestyle diseases. Weeks go in detoxifying oneself post party; likewise equal efforts go into pretoxing pre-party. With the temptation of great food and alcohol to lure you away, it is hard to stay on a diet.
Ms. Kanchan Naikawadi, Preventive Healthcare Expert, Indus Health Plus, says, “This exciting month of the year, everybody gets busy in planning the parties and their health and routine goes haywire. People in their enjoyment get accustomed to booze and spicy rich food which can have negative effect on their health in the longer run. One should go for damage control by preparing a healthy party planner to prevent the post party sluggish effects in order to enjoy the festive and party season.”
Don’t get disheartened; here are some advices, a healthy party planner by Ms. Kanchan Naikawadi, Preventive Healthcare Expert, Indus Health Plus on how to smartly plan for upcoming party season, so that you can enjoy to the fullest.
Few weeks before the party:
- Get Glowy and Smarty: Drink loads and loads of water. Have more of organic food including leafy vegetables and get enough sleep. It will keep you active during the party by adopting these habits.
- De-friend your enemies: Prefer not to smoke, drink caffeine and alcohol because it disturbs your liver’s detoxification process which might create a problem later.
- Pamper Yourself: Opt for dry body brushing before you bathe to support movement of lymph fluids and get your skin glowing. Relaxing in a sauna or regular steam baths are also relaxing ways to release toxins from the body through sweat.
- Put up your dancing shoes: Involve yourself in any sort of dance practice, Zumba, Aerobics which will help you to balance the calories during party.
- Snack-a-thon: Include healthy snacks like nuts, seeds, fruits, etc. in your diet which helps you balance out and are calorie free.
During the Party:
- Hydrate your body: It is essential to know your limits while driniking. Over- drinking of the alcohol can de-hydrate your body and can make you lethargic; all this can affect your enjoyment.
- Get ‘slow’ on life: High protein foods such as cheese and peanuts are not just an appetizer; they are high on protein which helps to slow down the absorption of alcohol into the circulatory system. Don’t gulp, gluttony is not classy. Sip your drink, savor it, make the effect last. By doing so, you ensure you drink less and in turn cause less harm to your health.
- Right choice Baby: Eat the right kind of food that will absorb the alcohol properly and keep you healthy. Since drinkers mostly prefer snacks, make sure to prefer those with whole grains and polyunsaturated fats like omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in nuts and seeds.
- No sugar coating: Post party and festivities, your body is already dealing with excess of sugar, try consuming more of plain fluid liquids like green tea, fresh juices.
- Please your digestive system: Start your day with warm water and fresh lemon before an hour to breakfast to keep your digestive system on track. You can also add honey to it for taste.
- Keep calm: Include Yoga and meditation activities in your regular regime to lower down your active cells, which will help you to tone up and burn the calories which you have gained during the party.
- Pamper your skin: Pamper your skin by applying natural masks like Fuller’s earth, washing your face 2-3 times a day, and by eating fruits and salads.